When she’s not getting dragged into cat fights with her cast mates on “The Real Housewives of NYC” Kelly Killoren Bensimon is shopping, searching and finding the most “fab finds” from the Hamptons to Hollywood, so we asked our cele BFF to share with y’all some of her most favorite fall fashion trends — so that you can get ready for the next season in true fashion!
Alright, Kelly, tell us what’s hot this Fall…
Sky High Heels — In Red: I love Manolo Blahnik, and not because of the reason you think. My dad, when I was 20 years old, bought me my first pair from Neiman Marcus in Palm Springs, Ca. For me, Manolo Blahnik is a rite of passage. I felt like a woman.
Lace: I love lace either vintage or new. Opening Ceremonytook my kind of spin on lace and created a see through lace dress. Pair it with a black slip and you are alluring and sweet. Aww.
Purple is the New Neutral: Linea Pelle’s over the shoulder messenger bag sold at Henri Bendels screams Moroccan chic, the origin of hippie chic: rich, effortless, well travelled.
Tight Capris:JCREW is making me fashion crazy with tight capris. With a tee shirt, a tight turtleneck, a lace blouse, or a white button down, JCREW’s ‘Minnie’ capris don’t channel anything but hot,chic, and sexy. Duh!
Color is the New Color.Dolce and Gabbana’shot pink satin dress leaves nothing to the imagination. Its boxy in shape, and accentuates every movement you make. Fluid, sexy, and eye catching. Make em wonder…
Black Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend:Carlos Souza’s jewelry collection that fuses color, travel, and expensive hard to find beads. Wear black diamonds with a tomas maier bikini, or pair a long beaded strand a la 20s with a drop waist dress.
Rock it Out.Ugg’s new knee high suede clogs take the rocker and mellow her out. She’s not head banging, she’s chair dancing and not missing a beat.
Thanks, KKB! Great tips!
Also, be sure to pick up the latest issue ofShape Magazine (featuring covergirl Kelly) where she compares her body to a Ferrari (we couldn’t agree more!) and follow her on Twitter @KellyBensimon!
Mr. Christiansen calls his ‘85 Ford pickup Kelly, for Kelly Killoren Bensimon, a former model on “The Real Housewives of New York City“, because she is a head turner.” The truck was a gift from his boyfriend, Jonathan Ferrantelli.
Wow what a “Lionswar“. Sometimes I don’t know whether I should roll my eyes or countsheep. The Real Housewives of New York Reunion this year got so heated, even our fearless leader “Charlie” akaAndy Cohen got ferocious. My mantra for crazy and or boring situations is always wear good shoes. They are my eye candy, and make me giggle when I look down at my feet and see smokin’ hot sexy Manolo Blahnik’s . My dress which I hunted down was French Connection. Good taste doesn’t have to be expensive! I wanted something fun, spirited, and hot. I had a great season this year, finally.
I proved on the show that you can have a good season without randomly lashing out at castmates, and acting like Lucille Ball. It’s ok to be thoughtful, have serious boundaries, and to take care of your friends and family. I don’t need to wear armour to protect my close friends, but I do need my Helen Ficalora necklaces, which have medallions that symbolize what’s important to me: Kids, Family, Friends, Dogs, and Horses. Its ok to be real, its ok to not want to steal crazy thunder, and its always ok to wear hot shoes. So, when you’re in the hot seat, wear your fav shoes.
Nothing is a better diffuser than a hot accessory!
My mantra for this season was that “every relationship needs boundaries“. While watching the The Real Housewives of New York reunion, the reason everyone is so taken back by the special is because of the lack of boundaries and the way life is percieved by delusion by some of the women on the show. Everyone on and off tv has their own storyline.
I’ve learned a lot though my mistakes and by the mistakes of others. Here are a few rules that got me through filming and will be my manifesto with the man I love and my close personal friendships.
Relationship Rules :
1. Be honest to yourself. If you are honest, than no one has ever any reason to doubt you. this doesn’t mean you need to constantly tell people what you think of them, but always be honest with yourself, and in turn you will earn trust from others
2. Walk in other peoples shoes. Its easier when you recognize where people are coming from than just make judgements. name calling and judgments are for childlike behaviors, whereas recognizing flaws and being open to possibilities are adult behaviors.
3. Right place right time. Save conversations that could get heated and go sour fast for a time when both parties are well rested, have eaten, and relaxed.
4. Dont fight to fight, fight to resolve. Every problem has a solution
5. Create boundaries for yourself. don’t engage those who are pushing buttons. Disengage, walk away, change the subject, or compliment-most people are so vain and a compliment is a great diffuser
6. Smile as much as you can. Life is short, and a smile goes a long way. Its the universal language for “its ok, lets have fun.”
7. Forgive but dont forget. The past is a foreshadowing of the future, but you can also change the way you respond to the past.
8. Listen to what others are saying, not what you THINK they are saying
9. Dont compare and contrast exs with the ones you love. It hurts. Period
10. Dont kitchen sink your life to a partner, or kitchen sink an argument. What is the core to the problem? stay clear and tackle one issue at a time
11. Dont air dirty laundry in front of friends and family. Everyone has relationship issues and no one wants to get involved especially at a dinner table.
12. Have a code word for “don’t start this now.” I like the word lemon.
13. Do unto yourself and you want those to do unto you. Its a two way street. Be careful for it hurts just as much if you don’t call him, as him not calling you.
14. Dont draw lines in the sand, for you may be left at the beach. Lots of people welcome that challenge, and others take it as an easy out.
15. Everyday is a new day. Make sure you partner is a part of it.
Real Housewife of New YorkKelly Killoren Bensimon is happy for Bethenny Frankel’s success and spinoff show. No, really.
“I love it when people do well,” she told me during our exclusive interview with her as she showed us around East Hampton. “The better that she does, the better the franchise of Housewives does.”
However, Bensimon did admit that she doesn’t miss the pair’s epic catfights, though she thinks other people do….
“Everybody…every single person…misses the altercations between Bethenny and I,” she told me while showing me around Wolffer Estate Stables (where Sonja Morgan took an on-camera tumble while horseback riding with Kelly). “For whatever reason, they just love the fact that we fight for four minutes of television. Do I miss fighting with her? I don’t like fighting. Do I miss her on the show? She was fun.”
Kelly was in town this weekend for both work and fun. She hosted two parties this past weekend: one charity shopping event and another Havaianas flip-flop fete.
And the busy mom of two shared that she’s currently dating a few eligible men.
“I’m actually just seeing a lot of different people and just doing the dating process,” she shared over cocktails at Cyril’s Fish House in Amagansett after we hit the beach. “I was married for such a long time and then I just took a break from just dating in general to get my feet firmly on the ground…now my girls are good and I’m feeling really good about where I am and life and work and everything and now I’m ready to bring someone into my life and share what I have.”
What’s most important to the single mom is someone who can make her laugh. “I love Jason Segel,” she confessed of her celebrity crush, “Jimmy Fallon is married but I’m obsessed with Jimmy Fallon. I just like really fun, charming guys who are just having a good time and don’t take life too seriously.”
Although she indulged her infamous sweet tooth at Scoop du Jour ice cream parlor during our day out, Kelly said she tries to practice moderation and avoid carbs at night.
“I work out six days a week. I’m either atSoulCycle, which is a forty-five minute class…or I just get my sneakers on and I just go running for twenty minutes,” she explained.
The reality star and model, who already has a jewelry line, is writing a self-improvement book to be released next year featuring 40 of her own recipes.
Kelly Killoran Bensimon: Real Housewives of New York Star What drove you Downtown? My first apartment when I came to New York as a model was at 14 Prince Street. What inspired your jewelry line? I was lucky to travel a lot at a young age. Travel is a wonderful education and I was exposed to many different cultures. It was clear to me that each culture had a definitive style. I use what I’ve learned as inspiration.
What’s your advice for other moms? Life is an organic experience. Don’t be concerned with your five-year plan. Be excited by your life’s plan.
Do your children love what you do? They love the creative aspect of my work, and they see how diligent and pragmatic I am. I don’t want them to love what I do. I want them to be inspired by the opportunities I’ve made.