I took bathing suit designer, Matthew Zink of Charlie, out on the town with me. We headed up to Bloomingdales to meet my friend Diana DImenna to support handbag designer Yliana Yepez. We then went to the PIT to film the Real Housewives of New York CIty with Luann and Carole Radzill. They were perfuming a comedic skit, you must watch. I introduced Matthew to all the ladies and it was fascinating to see how women of all ages talk to a bikini designer. They either show their bums or show a picture of themselves in a bikini. It was awesome to see the excitement of women to want to show off their bikini bods. More power to them.
We then headed down to Lure to meet more friends and feast on sushi and wine. I loved my night out with Matthew Zink. We got to see a lot of people and talk about EVERYTHING. For more info on my bestie.
Matthew Zink’s Top 5 List
1. Black Paulina One-piece: I love a simple black onepiece. I think it is absolutely timeless. This one has a beautiful twist back, plunging neckline and a higher cut leg to add inches to your legs.
2. Paradise Andie Bikini: When I hand painted our “Paradise Print” I based my inspiration on Irving Penn’s book “Flowers”. The bikini features gold box chain trim that makes this a perfect summer string bikini.
3. Mixed Blues Charlie Bikini: I think everyone looks handsome in blue. Our classic Charlie Bikini mixes 3 different blues for a youthful and irreverent choice.
4. Lipstick Paulina Bikini: This is one of my most sensual designs to date. Our Paulina bikini wraps around your body and truly celebrates a womans body with it’s lines and movement. And in our perfect lipstick red.. you’ll be sure and get a lot of admirers.
5. Cognac Rita Bikini: This suit is based on a picture my mother sent my father in the 1960’s when he was fighting in the Vietnam War. It definitely has the same elegance and sophistication that may mother has always carried. And you’ll love this cognac color, so warm on the skin.
6. Mixed Animal Charlie Bikini: I am a slave to a great animal print. This suit features a mix of our Charlie Baby Leopard, Zebra, and Cognac Dot. I hope this suit can help you channel your inner Bianca Jagger.
Get all of the Bikini Collection from Charlie by MZ on Kelly’s official page by Charlie here >>
Photo credit: Charlie One-Piece from Charlie by Matthew Zink
For me, sexy swimwear isn’t defined by a traditional bikini.
Sometimes, a cute pair of athletic shorts and a triangle top are sexier than baring it all. I absolutely love the styles from Charlie by Matthew Zink this season. For a day at the beach, I’ll be wearing one of Charlie’s bikinis underneath a pair of short-shorts and a flowy button-down tied at the waist. (All pieces are available at charliebymzstore.com.)
Also by Charlie is this low-cut black one-piece (pictured, $107.50) – I get more attention sporting it than when I wear a black bikini. It’s one of my favorite pieces of the season. The leg is high-cut – very ’80s and super-hot. I’m just hoping the attention comes from my suit – and not my adorable pooch, Bear!