It’s Coca Cola’s 125 th Anniversary, and what better way to celebrate than to compile the Coca Cola archives and create an amazing tribute with Assouline publishing. The images are memories we all grew up with from Shrek, supermodel Naomi Cambpell, which looked similar to what Lady Gaga wore in her “Telephone” music video, to a young image of Michael Douglas, and even RUN DMC. And they even have an iPad App for $4.99, that brings the book to life with the images and video. Whitney Port and I got to check out all the images together in New York City. Lets be honest, what other beverage endured every trend from punk, 50’s housewives, the RHONY Housewives, Woodstock, the tech craze, bell bottoms, skinny jeans, socialites,surfers, hipsters, Prince, football, starlets,and Lady Gaga. Through the good, bad, and the ugly, Coca Cola has been with us everyday and refreshed us. Have a coke and a smile!
Post your “Favorite Street Style” on my Facebook Fanpage, or Tweet me @kellybensimon , and I will choose one of the best styles. You will win one of my favorite dresses from my personal collection to wear to prom.
While I wouldn’t call myself a hardcore rocker I have been known to bang my head with the best of them, and I am a sucker for a heartfelt rock ballad. I’ll climb a stairway to heaven, sympathize with the devil, and certainly won’t be fooled again. And while I may not be bad to the bone, just like the most girlie girls, I like to take a walk on the wild side every now and again. Especially when it comes to fashion. Seems that rocker chic is one trend that never really goes out of style which is great for those times when I want to give my back in black uniform even more of an edge. Here, five pieces to help us all release our inner rock star in style.
1. The Wink Skull Tank: A good head on your shoulders is one thing, but a stylish skull and cross bones across your chest is the ultimate salute to those who rock. This gray tank with an of-the-moment mint green skull is a modern take on a rock classic. Wear this with skinny black jeans, denim cut offs or even a long black skirt.
2. Kelly Killoren Bensimon Cuff: Heavy metal never looked so heavenly as this rocker chic bangle. The yellow and gray leather are are an unexpected pairing to the rhinestone and chain detail, and the lighter hues make it the perfect piece to bring a little bad ass to your whites and brights of summer.
3. Rebecca Minkoff Rocker Crossbody Bag: Sleek, chic and totally edgy this studded and spiked beauty can single-handedly turn even your tamest ensembles into something wild.
4. Ash Black Marilyn Wedge: These wicked wedges are the the perfect shoe to pair with your sexiest LBD, black leggings or your sassiest shorts. The high heel gives you star presence while the platform wedge allows you to comfortably shake it all night long.
5. Belle Noel Glam Rock Ring: Spikes and crystals encased in gold hardware give this ring a fierce and feminine vibe. Whether you wear this alone or as part of a hard core jewelry ensemble, this statement piece is sure to stand out.
Poor Teddy has a summer birthday, so she misses out on the very important, class birthday party. Idecided to surprise her in class with an early birthday celebration. To make the surprise really special she had a cake made from Made in Heaven Cakes, and it is the sweetest thing!
TheReal Housewives of New York City star, 43, signed a deal with St. Martin’s Press to write a book tentatively titledI Want to Make You Hot.
“Spend seven days with me and my expert friends and we’ll have fun with exercise, eat better, dress amazing, have more fun and smile through a life that’s too short,” Bensimon says in a press release announcing her new project.
Bensimon, who says she feels “good about myself, my fluctuating weight and my life,” hopes to inspire readers to develop a positive self-image. “Hot isn’t about a waist size or a number on a scale,” she says. “We can control how we look and feel, so let’s get started together.”
The guide – Bensimon’s fourth book – will include over 40 recipes, along with tips on how to live a healthy life and have fun while doing it. It’s tentatively scheduled to arrive in stores in 2012.